Welcome to the MIT Graduate Christian Fellowship!
Join us this week as we continue our series on the "The Difference God Makes" with a perspective from MIT Chemistry Professor Troy Van Voorhis!
Speaker: Professor Troy Van Voorhis
Where: MIT Chapel
When: Friday 11/18 @ 7:30pm
Contact: LG team (mit-gcf-lg@mit.edu)
Announcements
Prayer Square
Spiritual Encouragement
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Join us this week as we continue our series on the "The Difference God Makes" with a perspective from MIT Chemistry Professor Troy Van Voorhis!
Speaker: Professor Troy Van Voorhis
Where: MIT Chapel
When: Friday 11/18 @ 7:30pm
Contact: LG team (mit-gcf-lg@mit.edu)
Announcements
- The last Thrive for Everyone of this semester will be on Saturday, November 19, 7-9pm. Come enjoy a home-cooked meal, listen to testimonies from your fellow grad students, and participate in a conversation on "community" -- what the Bible says about it, why we need it and how to create/be part of it. Join us for a discussion about what the Bible says about Christian community, why we need it. Please RSVP here so we know how much food to make!
- GCF will be hosting Thanksgiving potlucks at Sidney Pacific Owu Room and at 81 Hampshire Street. If you'll be in the neighborhood and would like to join us, please RSVP to let us know you're coming. Feel free to sign-up to bring a dish or help someone with cooking.
- Weekly prayer: come pray with us! Prayer requests also welcomed.
- Monday 12-1pm, 500 Tech Square, NE47-219. Contact: Anya (aburkart@mit.edu)
Prayer Square
- Pray for grace for our community and the nation in this election season
- Pray that the "eyes of our heart may be enlightened in order that we may know the hope to which he has called us, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (Ephesians 1:18-19)
- Pray that we may be thankful and humble in all circumstances
- Pray for the Lord to bring healing, hope, and justice to broken situations around the world
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12-14
No comments:
Post a Comment