Tuesday, April 30, 2019

[MIT-GCF] NEWSFLASH | Prof. Daniel Hastings | Friday @ 7 pm | W20-307

What Does it Mean to Love God in Academia?
Hear from Professor Daniel Hastings, department head of MIT Aero-Astro at large group this Friday: "As a Christian academic for over thirty years, I have spent some time thinking about the profession of being an academic from a Christian worldview. I will outline some principles that I have found to be useful based on a number of scriptural references."
Announcements
  • Tech Square Prayer Meetings: Come pray with us! Happening on Mondays in 500 Tech Square over lunch (12:30pm). Contact Anya Roberts for the exact location.
  • Nominate GCF Leadership: Nominate yourself or someone else here, by May 5th (preferably sooner). GCF leadership transitions will be an overlapping process: (1) The community will nominate individuals. (2) All individuals with desire to serve on Steer (nomination not a requirement, includes current Steer) will also fill out a leadership application (will be sent out this week). 
  • Are you graduating? We would like to celebrate with you and send you off. Fill out this form if you are graduating!  
 
Prayer Square
  • Easter Bombings, Poway Synagogue Shooting - Pray for the victims and their loved ones, and for ways forward to remediation, justice and peace.
  • GCF Leadership Transitions - Pray for God's grace and providence in this process. Ask also if He wants for you to serve and if there is anyone you should nominate/encourage to serve.
 
Spiritual Encouragement
"The time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing."
   ~ 2 Timothy 4:6-8

Mailing Lists

No comments:

Post a Comment